Use of the recycle center is free and individuals using the recycle center do not have to stop at the scale office.
From I-70, take exit 111 for South Canyon, travel 1.3 miles south on County Road 134 until you reach the Landfill on the right. The recycle drop off location is located after the scale office on the left after entering the landfill.
- The recycle center is closed on Mondays but commingle (plastic #1-7, aluminum, tin), glass, and clothing, can be dropped off at the scale office from 8am-4pm on Mondays.
- Please do not leave recyclables at the front gate when South Canyon Landfill is closed.
- There is an recycling attendant on site to answer any questions you might have about recycling.
Waste & Recycle Combination ProgramDrop off two(2), 30 gallon bags of household trash for $8 when also dropping off recyclables.
Individuals who wish to participate in this program must stop at the scale office to declare their two(2), 30 gallon bags of household trash, pay the $8 to the scale office attendant, then take their receipt to the recycle center and present it to the attendant for drop off of trash and recycles.
This program is available during normal recycle center hours of operation.
- Brown paper bags
- Corrugated boxes broken down flat
- Plastic bags
- Bubble wrap
- Boxes that are not broken down
- Plastic containers - #1 through #7 only
Must be rinsed & empty
- Cans - steel, tin, and aluminum
- Aerosol cans - empty
- Needles, mirrors, windows or other sharp objects
- Plastic bags
- Lids of any
- Chemical bottles/oil containers
- Metal other than cans
- Plastic other than containers
- Aluminum foil
- Glass Beverage Containers - Including Beer, Wine, & Liquor Bottles (All Colors)
- Drinking & Wine Glasses
- Jars & Containers
- Lids for Containers
- Ceramic Cups and Dishes
- Plastic Bags and/or Trash
- Pyrex or Cookware
- Mirrors, Windows, & Light Bulbs
- Paper books
- Large catalogues
- Beer/Soda/Pizza boxes
- All paper materials suited for the composting process
- Paper egg cartons
- Toilet paper & paper towel rolls
- All plastic & glass materials not suited for the composting process
- No organics: No grass clippings, leaves, manure, and stall bedding
- Magazines and catalogs
- Newspapers including the inserts
- Slick (shiny) junk mail
- Office paper
- Plastic bags or plastic materials of any kind
- Bundled or tied newspapers
- Hardback books
Plastic BagsWe do not accept plastic bags at this facility. Thank you for not leaving them in any of our seven containers or on the recycling grounds. Please reuse or dispose of them properly. City Market and Wal-Mart have bag drop-offs.
Toxic and Hazardous WasteNo toxic or hazardous wastes accepted. Used motor oil can be taken to any local lube shop or to Checker Auto Parts during regular business hours.
Electronic WasteWe accept electronics, i.e., TV's, stereos, speakers, computer printers, and copy machines for a fee as established by the recycling agency. We accept light fixtures, i.e., incandescent bulbs, fluorescent, sodium, metal halide, for a fee. For more information regarding the recycling of electronic waste please contact the South Canyon Landfill at 970-945-5375.