The Glenwood Springs Municipal Airport is a general aviation facility owned and operated by the City of Glenwood Springs via the Airport Enterprise Fund. In addition to providing flight-related services, the Airport hosts fly-ins and community events throughout the year, including a Young Eagles chapter for youth ages 8-17.
- Lat: N39°30.50'
- Elevation: 5916 Ft MSL
- RWY: 14/32 3305x50 Feet
Asphalt - Excellent Condition
- RWY 32 preferred for arrivals
- RWY 14 for departures (winds permitting)
- RWY 14 departure: stay left over Highway 82 until leaving 7,000 for noise abatement.
- Lights: None
- Radio: CTAF/SUPER UNICOM 123.0
(click mike 3 times for weather / 4 times for radio check)
- 100LL - (24 Hour Self Service, Credit Card) - $5.09/gal
- Jet A - (24 Hour Self Service, Credit Card) - $5.75/gal
- Courtesy Car
- Bicycles Available
- FBO with free WiFi and Shower
- NO Landing Fees
- Non Commercial Tie-Down Fees: $10/night
- Monthly tie-down parking available
- Commercial Tie-Down Fees $50/night plus $10/night for each support vehicle
- Aircraft Maintenance Shop - Aircraft Repair, LLC 970-928-7912
Noise and Landing Procedures:
- Pattern altitudes of 1,000 are recommended. The AIM (4-3-4) suggests that high-performance aircraft should fly patterns 500' higher than low performance 7,000 MSL
- Prefer RWY 32 for arrivals and RWY 14 for departures
- No touch and goes
- Night landings prohibited
- Winds usually increase in the afternoon!
- RWY 32 slopes up to north giving a mild optical illusion. If unfamiliar with the airport, local pilots suggest 6500 MSL at the poplar trees until near the river.
- Numerous 25-50' buildings, equipment and tie-downs approx. 200' from center-line of RWY - both sides
- Mountainous terrain surrounding airport
- RCO 122.2 (DEN FSS)
- Nearby RIL AWOS 970-625-2206 and EGE AWOS 970-524-7386 are helpful for sky conditions, altimeter, winds
- Click mic 3x on 123.0 for automated weather updates
- Click mic 4x for radio check
- Check out our webcams for current weather and airport conditions