Two Rivers Park was closed from October 7, 2019 through May 23, 2020. The closure included the entire park and the boat ramp.
The goal of the project was to improve the experience for recreational and family users of the park. The project included
- Excavation of the in-river railroad abutment and industrial debris along the park’s shoreline
- Installation of a river walk trail
- Protection of beach areas
- Improved boat ramp and staging area
- ADA connectivity
- Restrooms for river users
- Landscaping along the riverfront
The City of Glenwood Springs worked with SGM, REP, and LandStudio for the planning of the project and awarded the project to Heyl Construction to complete the work in September 2019.