- Volunteer Opportunities
Request for Volunteers on Boards and Commissions
Do you have just a couple hours a month to contribute to your community? The City of Glenwood Springs is looking for applicants to fill vacancies on the following Boards and Commissions.
The composition and powers and duties for each of the Boards and Commissions are included on the applications. Applications can be found on the specific board or commission webpage.
The City Council at its discretion may appoint up to three persons as an alternate member for each board or commission. If you are interested in a board or commission without a current vacancy, please contact us to see if an alternate position could be appointed.
Applications are to be submitted online. Click on the board or commission link below to access the application. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-384-6449 with any questions.
The Downtown Development Authority's bylaws have expanded eligibility to serve on the Board to include managers and assistant managers.
- One regular seat with a term to expire March 2024. Must reside within Glenwood Springs city limits.
https://www.cogs.us/200/Downtown-Development-Autho https://www.cogs.us/200/Downtown-Development-AuthoritDowntown Development Authority (DDA) Board
- One regular seat with a term to expire June 2026. Shall reside within, be a business lessee within, own real property within, or be an officer or director of a corporation, or be a manager or assistant manager having its place of business within the Glenwood Springs Downtown Development Authority district. https://www.cogs.us/200/Downtown-Development-Authority https://www.cogs.us/200/Downtown-Development-Authority
- One regular seat with a term to expire February 2026. Must reside within Glenwood Springs city limits or be a non-resident, but shall own or be employed by a business within the city.
Historic Preservation Commission
- One regular seat with a term to expire April 2025. Must reside within Glenwood Springs city limits.
- One regular seat with a term expiring April 2024. Must reside within Glenwood Springs city limits.
- One alternate seat with a term expiring March 2025. Must reside within Glenwood Springs city limits. ttps://cogs.us/208/Tourism-Management https://cogs.us/208/Tourism-Management =
Victim's and Witnesses Assistance and Law Enforcement (VALE) Board
- One regular seat with a term to expire April 2024. Must reside within Glenwood Springs city limits.
Volunteer Firefighter Pension Board
- One regular seat with a term to expire February 2025. Board members must be a representative of our fire department serving the municipality.
Workforce Housing Fund Advisory Board
- Seven regular seats with terms to expire April 2026. At least five who are residents of the City and two who may reside outside of the City but within Garfield County. Membership should include people of diverse backgrounds, both in professional and lived experiences. The board’s membership should be inclusive and representative of the demographics, needs, and lived experiences of the City’s population. Initial application review by June 19, 2023.