I had my property seized for evidence. How do I get it back?

If you had property belonging to you that was seized as evidence, typically the property cannot be released until the case has made its way through the court system.

  1. Contact the District Attorney’s Office (DA) at 970-945-8635 and request to have the property released. Once the property can be released, the DA can provide you with an evidence/property release letter.
  2. Either the DA or you will have to provide the Police Department with this letter from the DA clearly stating which exhibits can be released. Please be sure to make an appointment before coming to the Police Department because only the Investigations Division has access to evidence. If you show up unexpectedly, there may or may not be someone available to pull the property from the evidence room. If an Investigator is unavailable you will have to return at a later time - no exceptions!

Show All Answers

1. Where do I obtain a handicap placard?
2. Where is the Garfield County Sheriff's Office and Jail located?
3. Where can I pay a parking ticket or traffic ticket?
4. How can I find out if an incident happened in your jurisdiction?
5. I had my property seized for evidence. How do I get it back?