There are three fee changes associated with this update.
- Paper bill fee: There will be a monthly $2.00 fee per bill on paper bills. To avoid this fee, customers will need to set up an online profile AND enroll in paperless statements by changing their delivery preferences in the online portal. This fee is temporarily waived for the June and July utility bills to allow customers time to set up paperless billing.
- Convenience fee on credit card charges: The percentage charged for these transactions has changed. Our new payment processor assesses 3.5% of the transaction amount for a credit card charge (minimum of $2.50).
- Convenience fee on e-checks: The flat fee for e-checks has changed. Our new payment processor assesses flat $1.95 fee per e-check.
Passing through transaction fees charged by third party payment processors on credit/debit card and e-check payments, like those mentioned above, is a typical practice of government entities that offer ways to pay without incurring additional fees, such as cash, check, or automatic withdrawals from customer bank accounts. This is so that all customers are not paying to subsidize the payment preferences of those who pay with a card or e-check.
Transaction fees can be avoided by adjusting billing and payment preferences. If you need assistance with this, please reach out - we're happy to help!
- Phone: 970-384-6455
- Email: email@example.com
- Physical Address: 101 W. 8th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
- Mailing Address: PO Box 458, Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
- Regular business hours are Mondays through Thursdays, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. City Hall is closed Fridays.